Monday, September 7, 2009

A new direction...

Well hello Kongressman (and Women). It's been a long time,and really, I shouldn't have left you. Things have been moving at a much different pace personally, and well, I think I'm starting to find my groove professionally. Artistically is another story. About a month ago, I sat down and wrote a few songs in hopes of recording them one weekend in San Antonio. Things being what they tend to be, it really didn't happen. I started to place blame, but I really thought it through. Just like I'm not always ready to hit the studio, those around me have lives as well, so they cant just be ready when i expect them to. So, i went to the the 'Nets to try and locate what i think may be the missing piece to my puzzle: real management. I think one of my strengths in my openness, so to be open, musically I'm an artist, and not the greatest businessman (that what niggas like Kerry Ray are bred for). I'd much rather write, record and perform and happily cut someone else a check to handle the rest. Just the way I'm built. In a climate where everyone is an artist (or can make that claim) it becoming increasingly hard to stand out. So hopefully this deal goes well, and I can just make music without the fear of hunting down studios, or having to book my own gigs, because writing consists of what you know and what you can convey, but getting the music out is a different beast entirely.

Be back sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment