Tuesday, July 8, 2014

That Time my Kickstarter was Declined...

(I'll save you my tears and agony, and just list the preview word for word!)

 If the preview on their site still holds up, it can be viewed here.

Purpose - Creating a service in the Central Texas area where you pay a monthly fee to have liquor delivered (not sold) to your home on Sundays. 

I was at dinner with a few friends, planning out a "Sunday Funday". It was around 8:30 PM, and we were talking about it being a shame we wouldn't have time to buy any liquor. As many people know, you can't buy liquor in Texas on Sundays, or any type of alcohol before noon on Sundays. I thought aloud "it would be cool if someone could just bring you liquor on Sundays." It stuck in my mind the rest of the night, so much so I kept bouncing ideas off of my girlfriend the entire ride home. I'm a big fan of Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Xbox live. Paying a monthly fee for the things I care about never really bothers me with the level of entertainment I get out of them. Why can't the same thing happen with liquor? I want to create a service in Central Texas where you can pay a monthly fee to have liquor brought directly to you on the days you can't actually get to it without going to a bar or restaurant. If this works, I'd love to expand it further than just the Austin area, to anywhere in Texas that would have such a demand. If you think this is something you'd want to subscribe to, or if you just like to see fresh ideas realized, please support my campaign to add some convenience to weekend enjoyment.  

Risks and Challenges

 I think the biggest obstacle will be getting the subscription service off the ground. As an unproven brand, I'm sure people will want to see proof of this working before the shell out their money. I'd approach this by offering smaller introductory fees. There's also the obstacle of travel and timeliness. Myself and a few trusted friends would start off as the delivery people to make sure deliveries and timely and without incident. As the subscription level increases, I plan on bring on employees to help accommodate increased membership. There's also the matter of obtaining a liquor license, which would be applied for once the funding goals are met. This is certainly something that couldn't be produced in just a few weeks, but having the funding necessary will certainly speed the process along.

Incentives

Pledge $10 or more 

A personalized thank you card! Estimated delivery: Dec 2014 Ships within the US only

Pledge $25 or more 

An invitation to our Sunday kickoff party! Estimated delivery: Oct 2014 Ships within the US only

Pledge $50 or more

An invitation to our Sunday kickoff party AND your name on a "thank you" banner at the party! Estimated delivery: Oct 2014

Pledge $200 or more

A party, catered by us, during the football Sunday of your choosing! (must be in the Austin/San Antonio area) Estimated delivery: Nov 2014

Pledge $1,000 or more

Your last name used as one of the subscription level names! Estimated delivery: Oct 2014

The email I got from kickstarter - 

Unfortunately, this project does not meet our rules, as delivery services are outside of our scope. This isn't a judgment on the quality of this project, just a reflection of our focus.
We wish you the best as you continue to pursue this endeavor. If you have future projects that meet our focus, we hope you'll consider Kickstarter again.

It could've been cool!  But I guess we'll never know.  Unless someone out there wants to throw your boy 15 racks.  Then... we'll see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment