Thursday, January 22, 2009

You saw this coming...



Now, before I start, let me preface my words by saying maybe they went a bit too far. With that said, I must be fulla shit. Everything Young Jeezy and Hov said was a) artistic expression and b) no worse that all of the slurs, jokes and text messages I’ve heard and received while my dude was on the campaign trail. Since when was it a crime to verbally let out your frustrations? Nobody threatened Bush or tried to persuade anyone to cause him harm, just said that they were ready for a change. Then here comes old bitch-ass Bill O’Reilly runnin’ his mouth about equality and togetherness… this is the same guy who tried to throw Dame Dash under the bus for articulating the point that music isn’t to blame for people wylin’ out of their own free will… you know, that people are responsible for their actions? Nobody told George Bush to fuck off the economy, so now it’s wrong to point the finger at him? Sounds like some old bullshit to me. After that, he brings in Dennis Miller (whom I enjoy) to get a feel on whether Jigga and Jeezy’s words carry weight? Really, Dennis Miller? Who does he speak for? This is the guy who was too “funny” for Monday Night Football. Word? Here we see another one of O’Reilly’s failed attempts to lump give and in turn take away credibility to black entertainers i.e. rappers. Why can’t people like him accept that all artists, black or otherwise, are a bit eccentric and emotional so their opinions will always be a bit extreme? Oh yeah, I suppose that doesn’t really put butts in the seats… SMH…

No comments:

Post a Comment