Monday, January 12, 2009

Failure to Launch...


As an aspiring hip-hop artists, I take pride in my work, so naturally I'm flattered when my work is appreciated, especially by someone looking to help my career... But I'm not flattered when it's a part of something as bad as this... Look what popped up in your boy's myspace (myspace.com/chawktre8hustlaz) inbox...



----------------- Original Message -----------------
From: Mike
Date: Jan 6, 2009 12:38 PM


Hey,

My name is Mike Erlick and I am an A&R rep. for Illumina Records and Promotions. I just came across your profile. I'm listening to "neva die" right now, and I wanted to let you know about our "Launch Campaign".

I think you would be a great fit for it.

Please call me at your earliest convenience on my direct line 617 202 8380, or reply to this email so I can go over the details of the project with you.

Illumina's Launch Campaign is a 90–Day project designed to put your music directly into the hands of hundreds of thousands of music fans.

Launch will also provide your career with an immediate and easy way to generate the publicity and exposure essential in taking your music career to the next level.

Launch will provide you with the following benefits:

YOUR ACT will receive 50 CD's featuring YOUR MUSIC to market to your fans.

YOUR MUSIC will be delivered to 1800 music business insiders like Labels, Local Music Directors, College DJ's, Music Writers and Editors, Talent Buyers…and much more

YOUR MUSIC will be marketed in both your Local Area as well as across the Nation!

YOU will receive a FREE page in a new music website.

YOU will appear on the COVER of a music magazine.

YOUR act will have the opportunity to appear in a fundraising CD release event featuring YOU as the headliner.

YOUR ACT will appear in a music guide that is marketed to hundreds of thousands of Music Fans Nationwide.

YOU will have the opportunity to make a difference with your Music by taking part in the GROUND CONTROL drunk driving prevention campaign.

Illumina is a Boston based full service marketing and publicity firm. We specialize in creating national PR campaigns for local and regional artists.

Over 2200 acts and over 12,000 artists have benefited from our campaigns in 48 states.

if interested in more info check out my page all the launch info is on my home page including the launch link.

Availability is limited on this project so I encourage you to call me ASAP at 617-202-8380.

Thank you

Mike Erlick
A&R Rep.
617 202 8380
merlick@illuminarecords.com


... a record label fighting drunk driving... sounds good but you know a smart brotha like me does his research...

http://cdbaby.org/stories/07/07/26/3535977.html

what did i gather from all this? there are people out there low enough to not only steal from artists but to play off of the emotions of decent people... so I think I'll be telling dude thanks... but no thanks... I'm gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment