Friday, March 21, 2014

Let's Talk WrestleMania 30 - Part 2 (and Dave Batista has just enough Cardio to Smash your Girl)

Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H (Winner advances to the WWE World Heavyweight Title Match)


Boy do I loathe the character that is Triple H.  I wish he'd stay off of my television now until forever.  I wish there was a way I could've been forced to give my seat away during his last few mania matches to show, concretely, I don't care about, or want to see Triple H.  He's slow, plodding, and deliberate in the ring, and on top of that... he's old now.  It's hard when a guy you never really liked gets worse.  And on the mircophone, he's the cool guy, the smart guy, the guy that always gets the last word.  Again, I want him away from my television now and forever.


Aside from that, he's once again attached himself the the "hot new thing" in WWE.  A few years ago it was CM Punk, who he defeated in a match, because Game.  From now on when I talk about something boneheaded he's done, I'll say "Because Game".  So I gathered a bunch of people (like 7) at my place for last year's summerslam PPV.  It was Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena for the title in a GREAT match that Daniel Bryan won.  Then he was pedigreed and few to Randy Orton right after the match, because Game.  Then he was screwed out of the title, called small, boring, and a "B+" superstar for months on end, because Game.  Then he was made to look like a fool time and time again, because Game.  Then Triple H refused to fight him after being challenged time and time again, because Bryan was clearly no match for him (even though he beat John Cena one on one, no shennanigans for the title before) and it would be beneath him, because Game.

So Triple H finally gives in and is going to face Daniel Bryan, one on one, at Mania.  I'm looking forward to the match because Daniel Bryan is a wrestling machine.  He flies around ,hits hard, and people are into his every move.  Triple H gets that, so he's latches on to the hot guy, and is going to force me to watch him look really really tough, get really really winded, and have a "Great match" depsite the other guy having the car, the keys, the gas and somehow got all green lights...


... no need to pick a winner here, as the end game is for Daniel Bryan to be plugged into the title match to face the ever so bland Randy Orton, and Dave Batista.  Why?  Because Randy Orton has been playing second fiddle to Triple H, and Batista came back and hugged the on screen villain couple, because Game.  It also didn't hurt that people decided in their minds Daniel Bryan would enter, and win the Royal Rumble, neither of these things happened, and Batista, the, ahem, "movie star" type they'd been trained to hate, walked in off the street and won the thing.  Batista has been the opposite of Bryan in some fan's eyes, even though i'm all for it - he's the `old guy that has the build, style, and paper stacks to do young guy shit, like wear skinny jeans and WRESTLE IN JORDAN XX8's!!! 
But his ring work has left plenty to be desired, so throwing another guy, that happens to be the best they've got right now, into the match is a great idea.  I expect Orton and Bryan to do most of the work, but for Batista to get some cool power spots in.  Even if he won't give you a five star classic, he'll show he's got enough energy to, well... history's shown us he can get the job done.  Hi Milena! My Pick - Daniel Bryan, capping off one of the strangest 2 year paths to stardom I can recall.


No comments:

Post a Comment