Tuesday, May 20, 2014

An 87 Point Manifesto on what (name redacted) is Looking For in a Man


 I present to you, without opinion, or any editing, a Facebook post from one of my lady friends on what she's looking for in a potential significant other. I feel like this will lead to some interesting conversations...

  1. Caucasian/Spanish decent (South American, Central American, Portugal, Spain)
  2. 5'9" tall and higher
  3. Educated (Associates with certifications, Bachelors or higher)
  4. Chiseled face prefferred
  5. Don't like six packs or body building (don't need your ego of fist pumping ways), but a healthy minded individual who works out from time to time.
  6. Someone who cares about their health as equal as I do. Meaning, I like to pig out from time to time.
  7. The right amount of charisma. Too much charisma is an egotistical bastard....ahem!
  8. Treats everyone, equally, with respect. (Not a flirt. Doesn't talk bad about their friends behind their backs)
  9. Treats me with respect at all times. A true gentleman knows what that is. Asking me to drive to you is not respectful, sorry. Lazy ass.
  10. Mature. 
  11. Someone who can teach me something.
  12. Someone who isn't lazy when it comes to work and doing things for me (like driving to me).
  13. Someone who isn't lazy 24/7. I'm lazy for a few hours of the day not 24/7.
  14. Someone with a clean roomapartment/house/condo. If his place aint clean, his nooks and crannies and crevices probably aren't, either. Gross.
  15. Someone with a decent, clean daily car. I have figured that your car says something about you. My 240 was a daily. Sure, it impressed guys who liked stuff like that, but it started becoming embarrassing for me driving up in a car like that when I worked at the Omni Hotel. It was time to grow up from that daily. 
  16. Someone's whose job history is stable. Last guy I dated was an asshole but he had been at his job for 7 years and before that, about 4 years. Job stability says a lot about a person. 
  17. Someone who actually has a savings account and actually saves.
  18. Someone who volunteers, gives back to the community and/or society.
  19. Someone with a good heart.
  20. Doesn't want a "smooth talker."
  21. I want someone that I wouldn't be embarrassed walking around/driving around with. Someone who would represent me and my decisions in the best light.
  22. No "yo yo yo" types who wear their pants halfway around their gluteus maximus. Those are just not my style/kind of person I want for a husband.
  23. Not a ladies man. No James Bond types, please. I don't need to deal with that.
  24. No insecure types. Insecure doesn't necessarily mean jealous. An insecure man needs women around him all the time or needs to be constantly needed by some woman, any woman, at all times. I don't want that. I want a SECURE man who can ACTUALLY and ALLOWS himself to be alone without looking.
  25. Someone that would impress my Mom and my other Mom. My Mom recently quoted to me: "Why are you dating all these losers?!"
  26. I love fishing, if you love fishing, too, plus. 
  27. Someone who doesn't mind me going fishing by myself.
  28. Someone who loves to go out and dance with me and then go camping with me. 
  29. Someone with the same music tastes as me. Nickelback? Get outta here. Lil Wayne? Get outta here. Don't know who Cut Copy is? Get outta here. lol
  30. You have to love sushi.
  31. You have to like Filipino food because I cook it.
  32. Someone who has a sense of style/fashion.
  33. Someone who appreciates the finer things in life like me. (Merker razors, cuff links, collard shirts, culture, traveling, quality not quantity)
  34. Someone who meets my friends and actually interacts with them.
  35. Someone who doesn't seek one sided relationships.
  36. Someone who doesn't head change in certain areas of town. Meaning, someone who won't treat me swell downtown but then treat me like a stranger in another part of town. I don't need that.
  37. Someone who doesn't tell me what to spend my money on and how to spend it, unless we were married. Red flag red flaaaag!
  38. Someone who thinks this list of standards is superb and not in any way offensive or annoying. 
  39. Someone who doesn't like to argue.
  40. Someone who communicates quite well.
  41. The first "stupid," you're outta here. No name calling, not even in a joking manner. Grow up, it's not cute. 
  42. No power struggles. 
  43. Non manipulative. I've watched my ex manipulate and lie to everyone, including myself, around him. I don't need that.
  44. Any sign of aggression, even "playful," and you're out. 
    You made it to the halfway point.  Go get some water.  Or a snickers.
  45. You like to argue and then have make up sex? Get outta here. Grow up. 
  46. Non complicated. 
  47. Balanced in all areas of life.
  48. Someone who likes to self improve.
  49. Someone smarter than me. 
  50. Non charming. Charmers aren't all that great, trust me. 
  51. I don't want the "life of the party" kinda guy. I'm 28.
  52. If your grin is constant, and from one ear to the other, I don't want  you. Can't trust that.
  53. Trustworthy
  54. Honest
  55. Knows what true integrity means. Integrity isn't telling people at work or telling your friends you are done with your gf and then going home and kissing her and being all cuddly. That's sociopathic and I don't need it. 
  56. Someone who doesn't blame ALL their ex's for the break ups. Bad sign. 
  57. Someone who doesn't go back to the past and sleep with their ex's. That is something I don't need to deal with or compete with or worry about.
  58. I've always wanted someone family oriented. Someone close to their family. An Aunt has a birthday? Let's go! Dinner with parents? Let's go! I don't want a man who puts his friends first before his family. Don't need a people pleaser.
  59. Someone whose parents are still together (if they are alive). It just shows the stability capabilities of a person.
  60. Someone with stable parents.
  61. Their parent's house is clean.
  62. They had a structured childhood growing up. If you go to do whatever you wanted growing up, I probably don't want you. At 16, I had to come home at a decent hour. 
  63. Someone highly motivated.
  64. A man who can cook, bake, or grill. One or the other, handsome. One or the other. 
  65. A man who likes a fine glass of wine.
  66. Funny. Humor like mine.
  67. Has a talent. 
  68. A man who wears a suit well but loves comics/video games. (Don't lose yourself. Growing up doesn't mean letting go of interests/hobbies)
  69. A man who has an equal amount of female/male friends.
  70. Someone who is not a flirt. Don't need your egotistical, insecure ways.
  71. Someone who would never dream of demeaning me/disrespect me.
  72. Someone who is absolutely against hurting/hitting a woman, no matter what.
  73. A man who has nice, respectful friends. 
  74. A man with a future. 
  75. Someone who gets along with their siblings and never talks bad about them.
  76. Someone who has a stable best friendship with their best friend.
  77. Someone who doesn't get mood swings. 
  78. Someone with no femininity about them.
  79. No cross dressers. No eyeliner wearing "men." I saw a friend suffer through that. No thanks.
  80. Someone who has never cheated.
  81. Someone who cares about children and their health and well being, like me. 
  82. Someone who likes animals.
  83. Someone who will eat cheap trailer food and then appreciate a five star restaurant.
  84. Someone who doesn't mind that I like to fire weapons. 
  85. If you're Catholic, I won't date you. I don't agree with their practices and Catholicism scares the living shits out of me. I would never spend the night in a Catholic Church and when I attend one, I literally get goosebumps, so it's obviously a bad thing. All other religions, welcome. Including Muslim and Jehovah's Witness. I have an open mind about religion. 
  86. I would date a Middle Eastern over a Mexican any day. Those Palestinians and Jerusalem's are handsome!
  87. And if you're ignorant and think all Middle Eastern's are the same, get the fuck outta here. 

     NO Exceptions. When I make exceptions, I get disappointed. There is no more room for mistakes and repeat mistakes in my life. No one is perfect. Therefore, it will be difficult finding someone who measures up to this list. But that's a good thing because I don't want anyone for two years or more.

No comments:

Post a Comment