Tuesday, May 13, 2014

XBox and Playstation and THESE HEAUXS - Multiple Relationships Part 2



Editor's Note - This is Part 2 in a week long series about "mains" and "sides" and "Situationships" and so forth.  Part 1 can be found here.

me: so ok... if I called you an 'old soul', how would you take that?

K: I would agree with you. I've never been called such before though

lol good! so here's why I say that - you don't play this 'new age relationship stuff

No I don't like it at all...these youths and their interpretation of relationships... it's laughable

me:  hahahaha see? that's what I mean.  you are... 26 or 27?

Shhhhh! 26

hahaha ok.  so the reason i say that - my friends/ peers are slightly older, but are way more 'liberal' in their views but you've always had that "cut the crap" attitude, which is refreshing

So they agree with these "new age" relationships

well, maybe not agree, but they make certain concessions

I think people do it to be cool to be honest. Everyone is so concerned with social media and their image... I don't know. That could be way off there.  

so you think people say its ok, but really feel differently?

I think they aren't truly happy, either with themselves or the relationship


so, for example, a girl finds out her guy has someone else - her response 9/10 times should be?

So she has discovered that SHE is "the other woman"?

well ok, sure, that first

I mean if you find out you're being cheated on, I think you should first leave. Or if you have cheated or want to cheat, you should leave.  I've been in that situation before... If you find out YOU'RE the other woman, I think you should stop talking to him. You're obviously not respected enough to be in a exclusive relationship with that person... I've not been the other woman...that's not what I'm saying...

so ok, let's talk about that - "if you want to cheat, you should leave"... that sounds nice – the populous seems VEHEMENTLY opposed to that cuz they don't wanna leave - they want to stay... and occasionally go

Ok, so if you feel like your relationship is going down the wrong road, it's time to talk it out...which may end up in ending it altogether... You know what though, I say that in retrospect...because what did I do? I cheated...then I left cause I was ashamed and knew that if I am cheating, I don't need to be here...

but well, i don't think everyone that cheats thinks there's a "problem" in their relationship.
some people have xbox and playstation.

(waits to get hit)

(totally no selling the joke) I think younger girls care about that because they still want a lot of attention. In a more mature relationship, you value that healthy time a part... but ANYWAYSS
I think cheating indicates there is a problem... Maybe you're not attracted to him/her and not just in a sexual way but maybe you're just tired of their shit...IDK.

no, in all seriousness, you’re right.  if you were satisfied with one person, you'd have one person.
i'm trying my best to leave my opinions out of all this

Yeah, you're fine. I'm a woman, I have PLENTY of opinions.

ha!  so i've never met your boyfriend, but he smiles in all the pictures you guys take together.  I don't know if you know, but that's a big deal. you read things in pictures, and you guys seem to always be in a good place.  I assume he knew from the beginning you were staunchly opposed to these 'new world" views...

Hah! I mean..we have been through it all.  IT ALL

ok, so that being the case, in the present, how do you guys avoid outside distractions? what's the key in your relationship?

Because we did that already.  And we broke up and had the hardest time in all the years we've known each other.  We talk about everything. He's actually a better communicator than me sometimes...and I'm a Communications Major..bad joke.

hahahahahah but i get it.  so as far as friends, other than people you've grown up with, are you cool with each other having friends of the opposite gender?

Now we are...when we were younger and immature, we'd get a little jelly.
But we both know where we want to be and we know we are on the same page. We just are way past all that insignificant crap that eats away at relationships.

and have you had to deal with a "new age" woman trying to get too close?

That only happens when he lets it happen. I used to have to deal with that, but that's when we were on the rocks and I wasn't focused on him so he let it happen... That first sentence was a general "he"

i gotcha.  on the back end - have you had guys try to get too close to you?

Most girls can try but if she's successful it's because he wanted it to happen
yes, in the same context.

very true.

Ever since we've bounced back from our last heavy break up...we don't have those issues anymore...which is telling because the outside variables haven't changed. There's always going to be people like that. But we changed.

ok. well I appreciate your honesty.  one last question (putting the pressure on) so when's the wedding?

We know the value that we have in each other is worth more than these HEAUXS.
As soon as he finishes school. 

hahahahahaha well great, and best of luck!

Thanks for letting me contribute. I'm always down for more. I love the writing...!

No comments:

Post a Comment