Monday, May 12, 2014

Sides, Mains, Instagram and Sammy Davis Jr. - Multiple Relationships Part 1

Editor's Note - This week, I'm talking to men and women about side relationships, how they work, how they fall apart, and really how they view them in general.
 
STAY WOKE.

Me:  now here's why your interesting (and i guess we're off and running now) you date an entertainer.  I actually had lunch with him and a few guys years ago, back when i dabbled in music. really nice guy

A:  Did you really?! Small world

lol very.  so ok, what's your take on people having more than one actual partner
not just a sex thing, but someone they spend time with

Well 1-to each his own, you know? It's when folks lie about it that it becomes an issue.
& about me dating an entertainer it gets hard bcuz he's faithful & I trust him but there's a lot  of females who don't respect that at all. & I guess that goes both ways. Dudes try to get at me too knowing I have a man.

ok, so in a situation where its understood, you don't really take issue with it?

It's definitely NOT understood in my relationship.

 me:  hahahahaha i gotcha

Oh wait retract last statement

which one?

About in my relationship it's not understood. I thought you asked about MY relationship. Ok but if everything is in the open then so be it. I'm older I guess so what you eat don't make me shit. If that's what folks wanna do, then do it. If the side piece knows her place & the main knows hers then no biggie. It gets hard tho when they're doin shit behind ur back & can also get messy.
Sorry!!!! Long response lol

no, that's perfectly ok, and yeah, i'm asking about both to a point.  So whenever I think about someone dating an entertainer, I think about the Sammy Davis Jr. story - are you familiar with what he told his wife when they got married?

No tell me

ok, so Sammy Davis, world famous entertainer, gets married.  Tells his wife how much he loves her
then explains to her, and this is me paraphrasing "honey, I love you.  But you need to understand I'm never going to spend the night alone."
now of course, that isn't everyone'
but it's interesting, in that, like you said, the communication was there, so it was less of an issue.

Yeah if you cool w that then fine. But let me know! Like don't make that choice for me. Let me know so I can say yes I wanna be a part of that or no I don't. Honestly it'll probably be the latter for me. But I don't judge those who can do it.
A lot of ppl look down on side pieces...

you know, they do, but here's something I've found - there are people, women in my experience, that prefer that position
that based on past experiences, only was the "Good" parts of a relationship
now, I'm kind of keeping my opinions to myself on purpose
but do you think that's really how they feel, or a cop out?

I think it's a lifestyle that everyone has to be ok with. & this day n age I'm not sure if ppl can even be monogamous. That's a good question!!!! Bcuz yes definitely it COULD be a cop out. 1-it's easier to suppress feelings, to "only" fuck dudes & feel like you're in control. But at the end of the day, you don't feel good about yourself, you want someone to be there for you. Ain't that much "independence" in the works.   It's hard to be vulnerable for love. To be loved & receive love is hard for so many people. So they accept a position as a side piece so they don't have to do that. But most women end up catching feelings. & it gets messy eventually.
I meant ain't that much independence in the world lol. My bad

no i dig.  so you talked about monogamy being a struggle in the present day.  what do you think contributes to that?  If i had to put the "blame" anywhere, I'd say people are more visible and accessible.

Yes! I actually typed that & deleted it.

like, i'm on instagram, everyone is.  so i can literally, without hassle, find beautiful women
local beautiful women

Yes!

they can find me

& they're accessible
Exactly!

it's not - it's easy to mess up now.

You have to be a strong minded person to resist a half naked woman who is coming on to you via social media or vice versa.

yup.  very strong lol

As humans, one of our most basic needs is validation from others. It just is. & even if you get all the attention at home, if someone else starts telling you what you wanna hear, you eat it up!

like pac man.  or nibbler from futurama.

The trick is to not even go there on the first place.

that's the key, i agree.

Lmao seriously. Don't let no one tell me I'm cute on a day I'm fussin w my man

hahahahahahahaha now see, that's the other part of access, and in a way it plays into the whole side piece deal.  a side exists to reintroduce feelings you aren't getting I think.

Probably so. But if you were communicating w your partner, you wouldn't have those issues. Or maybe you would if they just don't understand you.

 me:  yup, communication is key.

Well I guess, what is the definition of side piece tho?

 me:  to me?  I'd say he/ she is the person that "knows your situation"
that knows your relationship and responsibilities.

Do you have to bone to be a side piece?

and just wants a cut of what they see you offering somewhere else  lol bone.  um... i think so.

So what is it when you're just getting inappropriate texts/tweets/IG comments?

me:  uh... uncomfortable lol

(This actually happened recently w me)

i've been lucky enough not to have to answer for any "tweets" or "likes"

Lol! I don't mean just you but in general

 me:  ok, so you got comments or he did?

He made comments on someone's IG.
On a known groupie, mind you. On cleavage shots, mind you. >:-(

oh.  now, without detail - was it a compliment, or was it outrageous? cuz i mean - i made it clear early on in my relationship - i'm probably gonna look hard at a big butt if one passes. same on IG
In my opinion it was outrageous as a man in a committed relationship.

i dig

I don't mind looking. Honestly. I used to but his mom sat me down & told me "now, eyes are made for lookin honey" lol

nice lol

So if it was just likes then whatever. But damn. All the extra comments?!

totally get that.  the above and beyond, probably not necessary.  so let's end on this - you're in a relationship now.  If you find out your significant other has another woman fully aware of you, what do you say to him, and what (if anything) do you say to her?

Good question. (long pause) Honestly probably nothing to the woman. Because I'm not in the relationship w her. & to him I guess I gotta bounce. Bcuz I'm not ok with cheating. & when that trust is broken is something hard to get back. It just leads to more cheating on either end & opens too many doors. He made his choice to do that & that's fine but I don't have to be ok w it in my life. So just bounce. I'm not about the drama. I'll probably tweet through the pain lol & concentrate on being a better me.

makes perfect sense.  thanks for your time.

No doubt


No comments:

Post a Comment